Speed Converter Calculator
The Speed Converter Calculator will easily convert the speed given in one unit (e.g. km/h - kilometers per hour) to other units (including mph - miles per hour, miles per kilometer). Enter your speed in the space below. Your value will be automatically recalculated and placed in the other fields. You will quickly convert m/s to km/h or mph to km/h.
About Speed Converter Calculator
Our Speed Unit Converter (Speed Converter Calculator) is a tool that allows you to quickly and accurately convert between different speed units such as km/h, mph, m/s and many others. It makes it easy to measure in different unit systems and provides results in a way that is easy to understand. Use our speed converter and get accurate results without any problems.
The form above contains nine different units of speed that are converted between them. These are:
- centimeters per second [cm/s] - 1 cm/s = 0.01 m/s
- inches per second [ips] - 1 ips = 0.0254 m/s
- foot per second [fps] - 1 fps = 0.3048 m/s
- meter per second [m/s] - fundamental unit in the si system
- kilometer per hour [km/h] - 1 km/h = 0.277778 m/s
- mile (land) per hour [mph] - 1 mph = 0.44704 m/s
- knots (nautical miles per hour) [kt] - 1 kt = 0.514444 m/s
- mach speed [ma] - 1 ma = 340.3 m/s
- speed of light [c] - 1 c = 299792458 m/s
Unit of speed
The basic unit of speed in the SI system is meters per second
We use units of speed to describe speed, a physical quantity that describes the rate of change of a body's position relative to a reference system.
Units of speed
Each of us has to deal with speed on a daily basis. In most parts of the world, it is most commonly defined in kilometers per hour (km/h). In Anglo-Saxon countries speed is expressed in miles per hour (mph). With our tool you can easily convert: 100 km/h = 62,137119 Mph oraz 100 Mph = 160,9344 km/h
At sea, speed is measured in knots. 1 knot = 1,852 km/h.
The speed of sound depends on the substance through which it travels and its temperature. Our speed unit converter uses the speed of sound in air at 15°C. If the temperature is lower, the speed is lower: at 0°C it is 331.8 km/h and at -40°C it is 306.5 km/h. At higher temperatures the speed increases, for example: at 30°C it is 349.6 km/h and at 40°C it is 355.3 km/h.
It is also worth mentioning the speed of light, which is very important in physics. It is a physical constant denoted by the symbol c, which is the speed of propagation of an electromagnetic wave in a vacuum. Its value is 299792458 m/s.
Who can use a speed converter?
The Speed Converter Calculator can be useful for different people and in different situations. Here are some examples of who can benefit from a speed converter:
- Drivers and travelers: The speed converter allows you to easily convert speeds between kilometers per hour (km/h) and miles per hour (mph), which is especially useful when traveling internationally.
- Scientists and engineers: The Speed Converter allows you to convert speed units in different unit systems, which is important for scientific measurements and calculations.
- Athletes: The speed converter can be useful for athletes who want to monitor their performance and compare speeds in different units, such as running, cycling, or skiing.
- Students and teachers: The Speed Converter is useful when studying and teaching physics or mathematics, where speed conversion is often required when solving problems and performing calculations.
In fact, the Speed Converter can be useful for anyone who needs to quickly and accurately convert speeds between different units.
Speed Converter Calculator is a free online service for converting units of speed between different units. If a unit is missing here, be sure to write us, and we will add it, so you can use it and make our speed unit converter even more useful for you and other users.